by Aidee Ladnier
Published: June 17, 2014
Series: Busted Labs, Book Two
Dr. Forbes Pohle, genius with a fondness for robots, met a time traveler ten years ago that told him to be on the lookout for a computer programmer in need of a love to last a few tomorrows. A young Oliver Lennox shows up at Forbes' door with a gang of thieves needing access to sensitive files on Forbes' computer. How will Oliver get past Jeepers the robot cat, and why does switching sides look so attractive when a hot roboticist is involved?
Find out in "The Break-in" published by Dreamspinner Press.
When I wrote the first Forbes and Oliver story, "The Applicant (or Virgins, Robot Bears, and Other Disasters)", I already had the kernal of a second story planned about those two. When you meet someone through time travel, the question remains--what happens when you meet them in the regular timestream? I wanted to tell that story—the one about Oliver, the smart kid that finds his world is a lot bigger than he thought.
There's also a new robot--Jeepers the cat. You'll have to tell me if he totally steals the book or not.
Buy THE BREAK-IN at your favorite online retailer:
Amazon | Dreamspinner Books | Barnes and Noble
- Kelley of Smut Book Junkie gave it 5 ★★★★★ and said: "Aidee Ladnier captured my heart with this little novella. The love that Forbes shows for Oliver is breathtakingly beautiful." Read the full review.
- Carly's Book Reviews gave it
5 ★★★★★ and said: "...I was pleased to discover a well written and light hearted short story with a happy ending. I'm looking forward to reading more of her work in the future." Read the full review.
Author Skye Allen
5 ★★★★★ and said
: "I loved the relationship between cautious, sentimental Forbes and feisty Oliver." Read the full review.
- Peggy Salkill of Undercover Book Reviews said: "First time reading a book of this nature. It wasn't disappointing. I was very impressed with Aidee Ladnier's writing abilities. Was kept interested in reading right from the start. Love story that will snag and tug at your heart."
- Pixie at MM Good Book Reviews said: "I recommend this to those who love slight humor, lovers reuniting and meeting for the first time, a great story and a great ending. " Read the full review.
- Romance Bytes said: "Smart men that know how to build some pretty interesting robots....Good book, it kept me engaged and interested." Read the full review.
- a Goodreads reviewer said: "...Forbes is an interesting character and his interaction with Oliver was an addictive thing to read." Read the full review.
- an Amazon reviewer said: "The story has an intriguing sci-fi premise, lots of emotional dynamics, and a deliciously sexy bite." Read the full review